This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

5.13.2008

My Cup Was Filled


I had such a sweet Mother's Day weekend. Thank you to a great hubby and kiddos. Saturday morning, they took me, straight from bed, to my favorite breakfast place. I had the best omelet I've ever had. Then, straight home to open their homemade gifts, even if it was a day early. I was all for it. I loved their sweet gifts, but my favorite is their excitement to give it to me. I remember my mom would always make us feel like the home-made gifts were far greater than anything we could buy her. She had a mantle, above her bedroom fireplace, that could lift up for storage. Inside, she would store "her treasures." A few years ago, I bought a simple wooden treasure box where I could keep my treasures. I hope they know how much I value their "love notes."
Thanks Cole for making me my favorite cookies, they were perfection! Summer, thanks for the early morning hug and greetings. You can't beat a big smile looking down at you to start out your day. Meg and Ike, thanks for all the hugs, kisses, and "Happy Mother's Day!" declarations throughout the day. Oh, and I can't wait to sit by the pool with my new lounge chairs and umbrella that the kids helped Tom purchase. My cup was filled!