This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

3.12.2008

A Little Trickery


With April Fools Day approaching, I thought I would share this little trick we played on our kids. A while back, were up at the cabin with the Pothier and Zaharis families. It is so fun to be altogether under the same roof. With all this togetherness, the girl group and boy group usually end up plotting to get the other while they sleep. Ideas start circulating: underwear in the freezer, shaving cream on the hand, creating an appearance of wetting the bed, etc.....all discussed in hushed tones throughout the day. And of course the planning is always more fun than the execution. After long days of playing outdoors, they are exhausted and the resolve wanes.
Well, after the kids were all asleep we, parents, came up with a plan of our own. We got out the markers and drew mustaches and goatees on them. Shawni, Amy, and I laughed until we cried. Watching our kids confused faces the next morning was priceless!