This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

4.25.2011

Easter Sunday


(If you love the Easter Bunny you may want to skip this post.)

When these guys were young (before Ike was born) we celebrated the Easter bunny.

One year, I made huge powdered sugar paw prints all over the house. It seemed like a good idea---- no.  Huge mistake.  I spent days trying to get the cloudy, sticky, coating off my floors.  For a few years, I would be searching for little toys and candy to fill their baskets from the Easter Bunny.  I would get the ole eye roll from Tom.  He didn't grow up with an Easter bunny---he had no appreciation for the fun he brings!


One year, Tom had enough--- he was done with the Easter Bunny.  Oh, he was definitely the killer of childhood fun.  However,  I let his suggestion marinate.

We scrapped Easter Bunny.  He wasn't even missed.  We even scrapped baskets...except those used to collect Jack's egg hunt.  Those may have been missed....especially the year our little neighbors came over on vespa scooters for Easter.  Wow, that bunny has favorites.

As time marches on I have realized--less is sometimes more.  Less commercial, less expectations, less stuff....made Easter Sunday more fulfilling.

I do like to get the boys new ties and the girls a new Sunday dress.  I like to try to get a picture.  I like to have a nice Easter dinner.  We like to color eggs (although I totally dropped the ball this year....sorry Meg)  

I am so thankful for what our Savior did for each of us individually and collectively.  I hope that I will be accepting of His gift, the Atonement, and put it to use in my life.