This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

4.21.2011

Bad News Bears

I love these cute fresh faces.

Summer just finished her first year of Club Volleyball.  
My cousins Hallie (black shirt) and Ashley (yellow) coached....
 and I am sure it was a test in patience.  
After watching them play in their first tournament in Buckeye, AZ..., we called them the 
"Bad News Bears of Buckeye."
It was a rough go... you have to lighten it up with gentle teasing, right?

On the long ride home from Buckeye, Summer and I had a long talk on playing through defeat.   
By the end of the ride, the tears were dried and the woes of Buckeye fading.....Summer got over it too.

As the season progressed, we still faced more defeat than victory---sigh---
 but they were steadily improving.  
They even won all their games in the last tournament...which Tom and I missed  ): 
(We were at a wedding in San Diego)
Despite a rough start, the season was a success--
Summer got to know some great girls,
she got pushed and worked hard,
and loves volleyball even more.