This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

6.26.2012

Amalfi Coast and Capri




Can you imagine living here?

 Sailboats and yachts are everywhere





I loved the pottery, lemons, and beautiful pruned trees.
They specialize in all three. 









The island of Capri (Tom's favorite stop)




Here is our Sebastiano the tour guide.  
He was a big teddy bear of a man.


Cute single chair lift up to the top 


An amazing view, wish I had a different camera lens with me.
I made a huge mistake taking a telephoto lens on this trip.


Fun to be together.    

Oklands were probably glad they got rid of their third wheel too.



Gelato is everywhere in France and Italy... every other shop sells it.
Some places are better than others.  We were told that you can tell if it is the good stuff by the color of their pistachio.  It should be gray, not green.
We made the mistake and bought green pistachio and it was not as good...
the locals know what they are talking about.


We had just one more stop in Rome before we flew home.