This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

11.15.2008

Getaway

So I have some really awesome SILs and a pretty fun husband. Bonnie and Janet called a couple days ago and arranged to keep my kids for Friday night and Saturday. When Tom heard the plan he hurried and booked a nice little casita at The Royal Palms. This quick, spontaneous get-away is the way to go . There was no pit in my stomach leaving my kids and no stress in arranging to tie all the loose ends before a longer trip. We left after Tom's work, checked-in, went to a fabulous dinner at T. Cooks. We even got to eat outside under the full moon because we were both wearing jeans and " not dressed appropriately. " They served us out in the resort's courtyard.....by ourselves. It was perfect. I'll wear jeans every time!



When we entered our room, there was a fire burning, soothing acoustic guitar playing, and a fabulous creme brulee cheesecake waiting for us. What a great 24 hours it has been. Thanks for a great early birthday gift! Tom is an expert at making a birthday turn into a birthweek!