This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

11.20.2008

A First


Today Ike finished reading his first book and yes he still wears the "Huck" hat everywhere, all the time. I threw him a few hints on words like "know" and "circle", but he did it on his own today! The English language can be tricky when you look at it through the perspective of a 5 year old.
On the same note, Cole finished his first series--Grey Griffins. He has been a reluctant reader, until now. Since elementary school, I have felt like a bit of a nag trying to get him to take to books. All my tactics and encouragement never seemed to work. When I finally left it alone it happened. Hmmm, good lesson learned.