This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

11.20.2008

Field Trip Back in Time




Miss Rita took her band of Indians to the Park of the Canals yesterday. There they made vests, headbands, and put on their "celebration paint" not war paint. She then took them to hunt and cook their food. She taught them all the things that they can use the animal for.....shoes, clothing, tools, and nourishment. They had a feast to celebrate all they are blessed with. They were served carrots, corn bread, and roast. Isaac wanted it to be called deer meat, so it was. I snuck some big pieces of that deer meat and cornbread. It was a terrific breakfast. All of her effort and preparation was appreciated. It was a great preschool outing. I did learn that my sweet inquisitive child asks a lot of questions and tries to get a little too much of Miss Rita's attention. She kind of gave me that wink that says, "See what I deal with every day."