This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

7.07.2011

Day Two

My favorite part of this whole trip was being around the missionaries.  We had the chance to meet a lot of the different zones each day.  On Friday we woke up and
 went to the beach to play volleyball and fly kites.  The beach is nothing like it is in the U.S.  
There are no crowds.  They are not a big deal here.  
The only people who really appreciate them are the avid surfers.  They will come to Trujillo to ride the longest waves in the world.  They are not big and impressive, just a long ride.

A couple of these missionaries play college volleyball...so it was fun!


The weather here is a perfect 70 degrees with a cool breeze.


















As you can see, we were the only ones on the beach....except for this machete juggler



That suddenly started to walk really close to me with knives flying.





I would rather watch one of the missionaries do back flips on the beach.



Cole wanted to learn how to do a standing back flip, 
so this Elder worked with him.



I wish I got the shot of him landing one....he worked at it and finally got it.