This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

7.07.2011

Bienvenidos a Peru



We just got back from an amazing experience visiting the 
Trujillo, Peru mission
 where our brother-in-law, Terry, 
is the mission president.  
A lot of family and friends have asked how our trip went and the only way to
come close to sharing our experience is through pictures... 
very difficult to describe in words.

 The days may be out of order, but I am just glad to get it documented.
I divided our trip into 9 posts

So here is the first....


 We took a one hour flight to L.A.

 Then got an 8 hour flight from L.A. to Lima






 We flew through the night and arrived in Lima, Peru in the morning...unfortunately, our flight to Trujillo was canceled,so we spent 5 hours in the food court,
eating Papa John's pizza and having McDonald's ice cream cones.
By the way, the ice cream cones are better in Peru.
I stayed entertained watching a dramatic conversation going on via the computer with the girl in the far right background of this photo.  Tears, laughter, a crazy laugh--back to tears, anger and then the crazy laugh.  I was completely mesmerized even though I couldn't understand a word she was saying.
  
It was so great to finally spot our destination after 24 hours of travel.


 Nothing like having a warm welcome waiting outside for us.



As soon as we saw the Turks and these missionaries...
it was all worth it!