This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

11.13.2009

Puzzling

 Puzzles always remind me of my sister, Michele.
She loved them and was really fast.   I just never thought to even start one...no interest.
 Now I get it....they are addicting and a fun way to spend an evening.... or two ...or three....

 Tom and I once stayed up, with heavy eyes, too tired to even talk, trying to finish a dumb 750 piece floral teapot puzzle.  I was weak and quit at 1 a.m.....
he couldn't leave it --he had to finish the part he had been working on all night.
We were serious puzzle nerds that weekend.  We thought about framing it.

To the puzzle rookies,
 if your thinking you may try it out-- a few suggestions.

200 piece puzzle = if you want a couple of hours , steady pace (adult and child)
300 piece = good day long puzzle, working at little stretches of time
500 piece = good couple of days, lay it out where it can stay overnight
750 and above = celebrating every puzzle fit



"Melissa & Doug" company makes some good ones.
Isaac loves the 200 piece puzzles...not too frustrating with a little challenge.



Tom cannot walk by a puzzle in progress and not stop and be stuck for a while working it.  I  LOVE  that he is always up for stuff like this.  He made the process all the more fun
 with his trash talkin, puzzle fittin ways.