This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

6.30.2008

This was a fun filled weekend. It was so fun to meet Carolyn and Corey and to have my sister Aryn, Nate, Ava, Sophie, and baby Luke, down from Idaho. I miss having them close.
We decided to head up to Nana and Jack's cabin for a quick get-away and hike.

These are the girl cousins with Bridgette and Corey. The boys were off hunting for monsters



Clint organized a hike to Fossil Springs on Friday.
The hike was a little more than I bargained for. The hike down was great fun, but the 4-mile uphill, in 90 degree weather, was a bit much for Cole and I. I was feeling every bit my age with all these 20- somethings and triathletes. I hate being out of shape. Cole hung in there like a champ and when the cloud cover hit, he got a second wind and finished strong.



It was fun and weird to see Chad and Bridgette all a flutter.



This was our hike's destination. It was absolutely beautiful. As we hiked along the river, I kept thinking of the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland. It was lush green and the water was clear blue.
Cole is pretty cautious and it took a little coaxing from Clint and Chad, but he jumped in and did the swim through. My brothers were so great with him the whole time. Chad was a great motivator and Clint makes everyone always feel safe and secure.