This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

6.26.2008

High School Musical

We went to see High School Musical last night. My kids were all excited to see it. I have yet to watch one of the High School Musical shows all the way through. But I sure know the music. Unfortunately, Summer missed out because of some "Love and Logic" parenting. It was killing me to leave her home. But, she received her consequence really well and I was proud of the superb attitude change and acceptance. So, Meg's buddy Clare came in her place.
Cole and Tom had to attend a court of honor. Cole received 11 merit badges and first class rank advancement....just 7 more merit badges and a project until he gets his eagle. Yeah!

The kids all loved it. I would give it a B. Ike wasn't sure what to think at first. He was bothered that it wasn't the original people and the music sounded different. But by the end, he was bouncing and singing along. He didn't care for the flamboyant character, Ryan. "I really don't want to grow up and be a boy like that, Mom." I think it was kind of confusing for him to see a boy that was acting so much like a girl. His favorite part, that brought out the great Ike belly laugh was the Wildcat mascot dancing. He is still talking about it, the next day.

I have said this before: I love listening to my kid's conversations in the car. It is like being a fly on the wall. They half forget that I am there and listening.
Meg and Clare's was one continuous flow of talking and a lot of it over each other. It jumped from the high cost of gas, the Miley Cyrus backlash, a show they watched on conjoined twins, their own birth stories, and then Meg very matter- of- factly asks,
" Mom....tell us again how babies are made...I forget."

An awkward pause from me.

Then Meg pipes up " Oh, yeah a lot of S- E- X- Y, right?!"

Oh my!I don't mind explaining the elementary things to Meg (once again), but not with her friend in the car. She sure keeps me on my toes..all the time.