This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

2.28.2012

Getaway with Friends


We got to escape for a weekend with friends
and it was dreamy.  

I think I am most happy when I see my children enjoying the outdoors,


watching husbands and fathers interact and play with their kids

&

sharing time, thoughts and conversation with people I admire and love.





Some of my favorite highlights of this get-away:


 "Go ring the bell and tell the kids it is time to come and eat."
It felt like the good ole days when I would listen for my mom's whistle
to gather us home.





Trying to find your cup in a sea of red--like solving a puzzle. 



Everyone pitching in to feed the masses. 
\

When Tom is game for picture taking (and pretending he is in a jail)...it puts a smile on my face.




Ike breaking in his new .22 rifle



Teenagers that are pleasant and fun to be around

Lots of game playing





Attempts at getting group photos




 I love watching the next generation become good friends.




Denny and his constant smile and upbeat attitude about everything.

Both Denny and Nichole could not be better hosts.