This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

3.27.2011

Time


Isaac (7 yrs.)  has become aware that time brings about change.

This week he started to carry around a worry --
A worry that Cole won't be around forever

He broke down a few times:

"Cole's branch on our family tree is growing way too fast and my 
branch can't keep up with his."

"I only have 3 1/2 good years left with him and then he is gone,
college, mission, a girl, married....nowhere for me in all that!"

"I am going to be sitting on the coach
 just stupid and bored because I don't have a brother."

"Everyone thinks being the youngest is all fun and games, 
but you are the last and left alone with no brother or sisters!"

At first I found it a little humorous....

and then I started thinking

about time 

and the song "Sunrise, Sunset" 
from Fiddler on the Roof
came to mind


Sunrise, sunset


Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

and then a well of tears and this little ache began.