This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

3.02.2011

Last Saturday

Last Saturday, Tom and I taught a workshop for the 12 and 13 year old girls in our stake.

I have realized that I need to have a specific outline or I tend to get off mark--
so here I am with my crutch.
We decided to use our scuba diving experience as an analogy to the blessings of the temple....
anything to capture the attention of this age group.

Tom never uses any notes and did a great job.  
And no, this is not my wedding dress.  I don't have one to display since
I borrowed one for my wedding.  I guess that exposes my practical and boring side.


Here is our little caterer, Meg.  
She was asked to help cater the luncheon that was held at the conclusion of this conference.   
She is gaining some valuable skills working as a little apprentice for our caterer/neighbor, Melody.
She was excited to tell me all about the meatballs she helped make....
they were all the exact same size! 
 Good work Meg.
The people in charge of putting this event together made it really nice for these girls.
Summer and her friends all enjoyed it.  
Summer even got to sing a musical number with a few others, Cole being one of them.  
Um... Cole was not so thrilled to be singing to a room full of 12 and 13 year old girls. 
I told him that one day this will be the exact group that will be most interesting to him.  
At least he was willing...

and HI!
I am usually behind the camera, not so comfortable posing for photos....trying to get better about that.
I do want to have some pictures with my kids...
even if they have a "surprised Mom's in a picture" look on their face.