This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

2.14.2008

HAPPY VALENTINES


What a great excuse to express our love to family and friends today. This morning we got started off with our Valentine messages decorating the staircase. This is a simple tradition that never gets old. Everybody writes a short message about each person in the family and then I print them up on hearts. It is always fun to see what they come up with. Bonus points are awarded to something more creative than "I love you."


The kids were happy to get a ride to school instead of the 7:10 a.m. bus. They always love to avoid the 40 minute bus ride. We had time to enjoy a yummy whole wheat pancake breakfast, (thanks to a new recipe from Shari Goodman). During breakfast they got to read their home-made cards from Dad. Last night I found Tom on the couch with red construction paper, scissors, glue stick, and markers. Bonus points awarded to Dad for the personal touch!

Right before we loaded up in the car, for school, Cole pulled me aside and tried to nonchalantly ask for help printing a small picture of himself. Back in the fourth grade, he got a picture, for Valentines Day, from his friend Carly. In fifth grade, she gave him a another picture and asked him if he would give one to her. This sixth grade year, he was going to be prepared for the possible exchange. No reminders needed. When it comes to girls he usually just rolls his eyes and shrugs them off, but with Carly, he'll go as far to say "She's a really nice girl."
When Summer and Meg found out they wanted to print a picture also. I said who are you going to give it to? They didn't have anyone specific in mind, so I told them no. We don't randomly hand out a picture of ourself. They will thank me later.

Let's not forget about our obsessive holiday celebrator--Isaac. First words out of his mouth "Does everybody know what day it is!" It was more of an enthusiastic declaration than a question. He started out the morning prefacing everything with "I love you." " I love you, will get me a drink of milk?" It soon was too exhausting, so his valentine cheer evolved into spontaneous declarations of "Happy Valentines, I love you, or Your in my Heart." This little guy takes holiday celebrating serious. He has already asked if it is ok to start talking about Easter tomorrow. Help! I cannot take anymore holiday talk.