This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

12.06.2011

Badminton

When I was a kid, I loved going over to my best friend Nicole Brewer's house to play badminton.
We would play until all the birdies ended up on her roof.
When her nice dad got home from work, 
he would haul the ladder out and reclaim them for us, so we could play another day.

 I was pleasantly surprised to hear Summer wanted to play on the junior high
 badminton team.  Who knew they had competitive badminton teams 
in junior high and high school-- not me.
I love watching this girl play with a smile.
She balances competitiveness and keeping a cool head well.



For this amateur photographer, 
the trick is getting the birdie in the photo so it doesnt' look like they are swatting at flies.







Oh there is a blur of birdie.
Look how crazy badminton can get.
Remember, I did say competitive teams


Finally, there is a clearer picture of birdie, 
but Summer suddenly got blinded
by a fluorescent gym light.
Sure glad her partner kept her eyes open.

Yes!! Birdie in the picture and Summer's eyes are open.

Snapping enough photos, I finally got my shot.
Birdie in the frame and
Summer's eyes are not only open
but they hold the eye of the tiger.

Watching badminton these past weeks has made me want to play it again..
you know, see if I still got it.  
Don't be surprised if some of you lucky couples get a call to
play our own tournament soon.