This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

8.18.2011

"Permitted" to Drive


This guy could hardly wait for August 16th.  
That is exactly 6 months until he turns 16 and in Arizona that means you can get a driver's permit. 
 In fact, you have to hold a permit for 6 months before you can receive your license. 
 Cole was determined to pass that test on that day.  
Right before he took the test he looked at me and said with worry in his eyes,
 "Mom, what if I don't pass?"  
I lovingly reassured him that he was on his own after this shot
 and I wasn't coming back to the crowded MVD with him again. 

That did the trick.

He passed with flying colors.

I love a new driver.  Look how he sits straight up, hands gripping the 9 and 3 o'clock position.
The way he signals and turns the corners so deliberately....puts a smile on my passenger-side face.

Oh and let's not forget that he wants to spend all sorts of time with me.
"Mom, do you want me to go with you to the grocery store? "
"Mom, I'll go with you to take the girls to tennis !"