This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

7.05.2010

Chad the Survivor

This is my brother Chad


He has had a history of serious mishaps.  








When he was 5 years old, his head 
was run over by our suburban. 
 He had facial reconstructive surgery
 and metal plates put in place of
a cheekbone.  


While still young, he survived a serious car crash and needed the "jaws of life" to be extracted 
and then a few years later suffered a compound fracture while rolling an ATV.
His latest was getting hit by a car, while cycling the alpine loop, near Sundance.  
He broke his cheekbone....again, punctured a lung,
 broke a rib and got pretty ripped up from sliding on the road.
When I got the phone call from my sister--I appreciated the fact that she started out by saying
"Chad is fine-BUT......."
My heart dropped when I heard how serious it could have been.


He has someone watching out for him.







I love Chad's friends and how well they are taking care of him.   Spencer and Larry have been so good to him.  Spencer and his wife put Chad up at their place for the weekend.  Larry (right) covered his shift at work and got him a new phone (his was destroyed).  
The Shills also took time out of their vacation to go by and visit
 him and to deliver a care package from home.  
So grateful
Mend quickly Chad. 
 I know your going to love these pictures I posted (: