This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

8.15.2008

"When is my school going to start?"


This week has been a little tough for this guy. He is missing the kids. He made a preschool countdown chain today and we did a fly-by Miss Rita's......just to see what it looks like and to "talk about it." He has 10 chains left.
What I love the most about today is the hat. I have been reading John Adams (almost finished) and I love it so much. It was a story that needed to be told. Tom and the kids are the victims of my enthusiasm, especially Isaac. I want him to know a few historical stories. Apparently, he is on board with me. He ran and dug out his patriotic hat and wore it for the day. With a big grin he came down the stairs, "I'm going to wear this because we love John Adams, right mom."
Thanks to my friend, Gale,for turning me onto this biography. It has awakened a deep sense of gratitude for our Revolutionary Fathers and our Heavenly Father's hand in the creation of this great country. I want to go out and read all of David McCullough's work.