This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

4.15.2012

Shuffleboard

Tom and his BFF, Bill Okland, have birthdays within a day of each other.
 I don't think Tom or Bill wanted a party but we did it anyway....they were due one.
I just made sure it was not a surprise.  I know my husband well enough not to throw him that curve ball.


I hope it is obvious enough that we had a theme.  
Since we are all aging rapidly, we decided to celebrate with a shuffleboard tournament.
Many dressed the part, including myself.
I never dress up....but I decided to try and be "fun" this time.




Rob and Bridget
Super duper authentic...from hair net to the shirt in the zipper.
The next morning they both participated in the Tour de Mesa...70 mile bike race.
These two are the most active, adventurous, well traveled couple I know.



Thanks again Shawni for capturing a lot of the evening for me.
I am sorry that I don't have a shot with you in it and that Dave was in China. 










I thought Isaac would like the fact I dressed-up. 
 He used to beg me to, for Halloween. 
All I got from him was "That isn't even funny."
I guess it ranks right up there with my dancing.
I think that if my children ever need to be punished, I could just dance
in front of their friends.


When we reserved the shuffleboard courts at the retirement community,
 I didn't think something through... actual retirement age folks lived there. 

(I know I don't think through a lot of things)

The last thing I would ever want to do is offend or make-fun of someone....especially this generation.
Luckily while I hid in the car with my stereotype costume on, 
Tom went out to talk with some of the shuffleboard club  
and explain to them what we were doing.  
They were so lovely about it and laughed right along with us. 
By the end of the party we were all great friends.
In fact, they asked if I would write up an article
 for their community newspaper and give the shuffleboard club a plug.
They also invited us to join their shuffleboard club and then they saw how badly we played.





Kaci brought food from America's Taco shop and yummy bite-size cupcakes from her neighbor.