This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

5.17.2011

Tap Tap Tapping


Summer and I just got back from Powertap Nationals.
It was a quick, fun trip to Utah.







Powertap is kind of like clogging but with more dance movement.   
That is a pretty lame explanation...I know.
 Anyway, we got involved in it when our nephew married a professional powertapping cutie pie named Veva.  When they moved to Arizona, she began a studio and this group of cousins were her first class.   
Veva has been a great teacher, motivator and example.  It has been a great experience.  






The competition was held at Lagoon.  It was a beautiful spring day in Utah.
There is still a lot of snow on the mountains, but the day was sunny and warm.
As the girls were warming up, Veva's little girl Millie was taking it all in from her stroller.

Just a sidenote--The last time I was at Lagoon-- I was 15. 
 I got really sick on the Flying Carpet ride and threw up in my hands and hair.
I was mortified.
I am really pathetic at amusement parks.


This latest experience at Lagoon was much better.


Although there was constant pounding music and tap tap tapping...
it was so much fun to watch Summer and my nieces compete.
Look at those snazzy pants.













Summer,  Lizzy,  Janie,  Nicole,  Joanna,  Sophie,  Cosi






The girls won Overall Studio Grand Champion.  
Summer made the Junior All- American team
in challenge, show and line solos.