This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

2.11.2011

Yesteryear

Meg's class participated in yesteryear today.  The day is dedicated to living like the pioneers did.

They pan for gold




 Take a shave



do some wash



 Grind wheat




Enjoy some dutch oven biscuits and buffalo stew.
This was taken right before one kid had a huge snot rope blow out of his nose which then made another kid start to throw up the buffalo stew.......and I am no help in situations involving those two things colliding.  I begin dry heaving and have to take a walk to get in under control.




Square Dancing was my favorite to watch with no buffalo stew, snot and throw-up
I loved watching these two do the Virginia Reel


Covered Wagon ride and boy did he make it authentic by taking us off road and running the horses.
I got a serious attack of the giggles.


I admire a wagon driver with a seat like that!


Pioneer games





 This race started a brawl between the boys in the right hand side of the photo.



Overall.....a great school activity