This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

5.21.2010

Words













I am not a great writer.  In fact, it is a source of frustration for me.   I feel like I can't capture what is swimming around in this head of mine, grab it,  and write it down.  I appreciate good writing and admire those that do it well.
An indulgence of mine are books and movies of the 19th Century.  I prefer this genre above all.
I think I am drawn to the way they spoke and communicated.  It is beautiful, descriptive, polite, and yet simple.  Every word counts.
My friend and old college roommate, Wendy, feels strongly about our spoken and written word.  I don't know how she feels about the 19th Century, but she is on a quest to help us increase our vocabularies and to use our words effectively and correctly.
So if your interested in honing your vocabulary- check out her new website the WORDSMITH PROJECT.