This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

4.22.2009

Cole says goodbye to Gluten


Because Celiac Disease is genetic, I had Cole and Meg tested last week. We are going to wait until Isaac is older or showing symptoms. The tests are not as accurate when they are younger.
Today we found out that Cole has Celiac's too. He took the news like a champ and is willing to do anything if it will help him grow and live a healthier life. We already eat gluten-free dinners, as a family, so I'm not as stressed about it. The junior high lunch options will be trickier.
I am making a trip out to Whole Foods tomorrow. I went to Sprouts and Trader Joe's today. I have to say that living gluten-free is much easier with all the options & food labeling that is out there. Our favorite pizza place...now , Spinato's, has a gluten-free menu.

We will have a funeral tonite for some of his favorites:

1. Taco Bell bean burrito (his all-time favorite food since he was 4)

2. Cole's "No-bake" cookies.

3. Cole's homemade Sunday rolls

4. Blueberry muffins

5. Spinach pasta

He is now going to start learning and perfecting some new gluten-free items. Good thing he has Summer to collaborate with.
Thanks Lori for the flourless macaroon recipe that he loved so much at your house. Those cookies helped soften the blow!