This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

3.08.2009

A Bit of Cozumel


(Push the HQ button for better viewing)

Tom and I LOVE scuba. Before I was certified, I thought it would be kind of scary, always looking over my shoulder for creatures of the ocean. However, after my first dive, I knew I was hooked. You find yourself wishing a shark (not too big) would swim by. There is something about being down below that makes it feel safe. I don't like playing in the waves or swimming in the ocean, just scuba diving.

We look forward to our scuba trip every year. Our destination is always Cozumel (a little island off of the shores of Cancun). We may break out and try something different, but I like that it isn't hard to travel to, has beautiful reefs, and Carribean water--- really clear and warm.
We always go with our scuba group and have a great time. I look forward to when our kids can get certified and join us. I am terrible about picture taking, but this year I borrowed Summer's flip video and captured a few moments. I count on Del and Shawni's photography talent for the rest.

It is a great escape, but I always look forward (just as much) to come back home to my kids. Thanks to my mom , Bonnie, and Janet for taking such good care of them.