This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

1.23.2008

Sweet Sundays


I really love Sundays right now. I say right now, because it hasn't been that way for a long time. It was anything but a day of rest. It just hit me last week that I haven't been dreading Sundays and that I actually look forward to them. There are a few reasons for the change.
1. We are in the perfect block time 9:00- 12:00.
2. My kids all can get themselves ready to go. This is huge! It frees up more time for me to gaze at my pathetic Sunday dress options.
3. I am the primary pianist with nothing to do but enjoy sharing time, see all of my kids and play easy music. If I make a few mistakes, its o.k.--its primary!


4. We have my Mom and Jack in the ward. This provides two more laps, during Sacrament meeting, for the kids to go snuggle up to. Grandpa Jack can make any situation enjoyable. The kids also can ride their bikes around the corner for an afternoon visit, sample Jake's famous shakes, and to get the itch for a dog scratched by playing with Gucci the dog.



5. After church and lunch, if all the dishes get done happily, Tom will make his no-bake cookies. They don't look great but they are a favorite. Tom always encourages the kids to help him out and they love it.





6. Every Sunday evening we head over to what we call "cousins". We gather, eat good food, and have fun visiting. The above pictures are some of the activities that Janet gets going: "Hail to Pooh" and "Weeble Wobble."
All these have made my Sundays a little sweeter.