This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

3.21.2012

Volleyball


 MVT Volleyball is underway.  
We love when the season begins.  Built-in entertainment 2-3 times a week.





 The games are fun to watch and then we always love to hold our own "Sports Center" after the game. 
 I never really got how Tom could watch a game and then he would turn on Sports Center to watch the highlights.  "I like to see what they say about the game."  
Totally did not get that until now.
I look forward to Cole coming home from the game and going over the highs and lows of the game.  
It also helps me learn the game better.  There is a lot more to volleyball than side-outs.  There are all these rules and rotations that I am still trying to keep straight.  
Ok to be honest, I still don't know.  


Cole is setter so there is not a lot of variety to my action shots.


 Can I also say that taking photos of boys is a lot more fun.  
It doesn't matter what they look like or what face they are making.  
Cole is always so glad that I brought my camera and got some shots of him and his teammates.  
That is not the story with my girls, they prefer for me to keep the camera at home.


 My nephew is in the boot cast.  
A few weeks ago, we took him with us for a weekend getaway and right when we were loading up to go back home he sprained his ankle.  It swelled up nastily.  I was glad I was wearing sunglasses so he wouldn't see my teary eyes as I lamely handed him ice and advil.  He was much braver than I.
This poor kid had a stress fracture last volleyball season 
and sat out almost the whole season and now this.   
He is a great athlete and a super kid. 
 We are hoping that he can start playing next week, we need you Rockwell.



Oh, and this season there will be no 
half-time hip hop moves and taking off of one's shirt and whipping it above the head ....sorry Ike.