This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

9.11.2010

Power Balls

I was introduced to these by my sister-in-law, Carol.  They are a hit with the whole family.
I have had a few questions and requests for the recipe, so I thought I would share. 



2 Cups of Oatmeal (almost grounded to flour, leave a little texture)--We order the gluten-free oats online

1 1/2 Cups of Golden Flax Seed (I get this big bag at Costco by the vitamins and protein bars)

1 Cup of Protein Powder ( I like the chocolate EAS brand...also found at Costco)

1 small 15 oz jar of natural peanut butter (I can't stand the peanut butter with the oil floating on the top-so I use Jif )

1/2 cup of agave or honey


Sprinkle mini chocolate chips (Carol used dark chocolate) Some of my family likes it with very little chocolate...so do it to preference.

I start with the peanut butter and agave (or honey) in a glass bowl.  I warm it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make it nice and soft.  I then add oatmeal, protein powder, and flax seed.  This will require a little muscle to stir in.  I add a few chocolate chips at the end when the mix isn't warm.  Roll into balls and keep stored in the fridge.