This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

10.24.2008

Indiana


Around here you don't need "Halloween" to dress up in character and you don't even need to see the movie. Isaac has been "the real Indiana Jones," for about 3 weeks now (ever since Aunt Janet got him his duds.) This is his daily uniform, just ask anyone that has seen him these past weeks. There are 3 rules: no wearing it to school, church, or to bed....and we've given in a couple of times on the latter. I kinda wish I had a uniform to just slip into and become some adventure seeking archaeologist. One draw back is that this get-up could probably walk by itself now. I have tried washing the pants but they are made of some funky material I have never washed before. It comes out of the dryer smelling like rubber and hot enough to catch fire.

Ike's little preschool buddy has been filling him in on the last Indiana Jones movie plot line. So, today when we were amongst all the Halloween decor at Walmart (a store I hate but that is for another post)....... he found the best most perfect relic--the crystal skull. He couldn't wait to get home with it. I drew him a map of the front yard with clues to where the skull was hidden.

He passed under it so many times that I had to resort to playing hot and cold with him. He thought my map wasn't very clear. I didn't know how seriously he would be studying it.



Don't worry Meghan, we got Bret a "crystal skull" too!