This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

7.11.2008

Back to the Mountains

We got back from Colorado, did a couple loads of wash, unpacked, ...and then repacked and headed back to Pinetop. I wasn't quite ready to take a break from that fresh mountain air. I am so thankful that we have a place to escape the summer heat and enjoy the outdoors. I just wish that thing called "work" didn't get in the way, so Tom could go.


We have been feeding the ducks, at Woodland lake, since my kids were little. You never outgrow feeding and watching ducks scramble for your bits of bread.



Every year we have to get a picture on the green bridge. This is the first summer that I have seen water flowing under it. The lake is no longer at drought level.

This is the hill where Cole knocked out his tooth, when he was 5. This isn't probably the safest activity, but they sure have fun racing down.
Tough Guys

If you tilt the camera and lower the hoop.....it looks like your have some serious skillThere is a great 9-hole Frisbee golf course

There was a crew thinning the forest, so Jill started a little Woodworking 101 class. The kids all picked bits of the cut trees to make candles out of. I was surprised how long they sat there scraping and sanding their pieces.
The kids always beg to hit the race track. They have double cars, where you can drive with the younger kids next to you. They have a fake steering wheel, so they feel like they are a part of the racing. Isaac felt cheated when he realized that his steering wheel wasn't the one driving us. So we stopped at the Kiddie-track for a little Ike independence.

.
Until next time