This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

4.07.2014

February and March

I am getting a bit behind on my monthly posts.  

Cole just grew up way too quickly.  We celebrated his 18th birthday in February.
In just a few short months he will leave for BYU summer term and then on
a mission.  

Meg imparting some Spanish language lessons to Ike.


Cole rented a puppy for a few hours. 
Genius business plan devised by his friend, Marissa.


We took the family to see the Imagine Dragons for a second time.
This time around,  Cole and Summer brought dates and were off on there own.

We were lucky enough to have my brother
 Chad, Carissa and baby Elle to stay with us for a long weekend.
We loved every minute of it. 





We love to get together when someone comes in town.
4 of my siblings live here and the rest are in Hawaii, Idaho, and Missouri.
 Sister in laws on the front row Carissa, Meghan, Carlee.  My sister Michele and brother Clint in the back.




Meg is loving her club vball season.  She is a great defensive player
and is finally enjoying a winning season.  It is refreshing not to be the
"Bad News Bears" this time around.



Ike is pretty obsessed with basketball these days.  
He keeps a record of his stats after he comes in from shooting baskets in the backyard
and lives for his weekly games.





City Champions-
Undefeated all season





Cole got asked to speak in Stake Conference ( around 500+ people attending)  
He was really sick that day.  In fact, he had missed his volleyball tournament
and slept up until the time he got showered and dressed. 
He spoke on preparing for a mission and sharing the gospel.
I was so nervous for him up until he started speaking.  He was so relaxed 
and heartfelt that all my own nerves melted away.
  Nobody would have guessed how lousy he felt.  

In closing he shared this quote

My Missionary Commission

by Elder Bruce R. McConkie

I am called of God.
My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.
My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!

No loving mother would send a son off to an unknown destination 
for 2 years without believing this
to be true. 

Speaking of missions...Kami Brimhall just left to serve in the Canada Winnipeg mission.
She was one of my laurels.
I have watched this beautiful red haired girl grown up into the most amazing young woman.






Cole's last season of high school volleyball is underway.  


I love watching him serve.  He can really hit that thing hard.


It is not easy for my 90 year old grandpa to get around these days,
but he wanted to come and watch Cole play.  What a guy!


Bailey Arnett took Cole to Sadie Hawkins dance this year. 


Our dear Croatian friend, Zvonko, came for a visit.  
We haven't seen him in 2 years but
we stay in pretty close contact through emailing. 
He is one of the kindest men I have ever met. 

We love getting a letter from our missionary cousin, Rock.
He is currently in Belize.



At Azbrainfood, we held an appreciation breakfast for all of our wonderful volunteers.
I have met the most dear, charitable people through this organization.






Our high school's student council organized a 10K run "Running with the Bulls"
with proceeds benefitting brainfood.  Nothing works as well as when a community
supports their own.  It is a beautiful thing to see unfold.




It has been a year since the passing of Ross.
We all think and speak of him often.  We still feel his influence around us.