This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

8.21.2012

First Day of School

What is on my mind at the start of another school year....


Isaac

3rd Grade

Still outgrowing his clothing too quickly

Almost as tall as Cole was in 7th grade

Cracker Snacker

Sweet tooth (sneaks into the pantry when I leave the house)

Scooters to the bus stop and hides it in the bushes

Never goes to bed late---checks the clock about a dozen times to make sure

Deep thinker and conversationalist

Obedient

Smart 

Curious

Creative

Loves to Read

Still writes and draws everything that affects him in some way

Still coming to terms with the fact that he will be the only child at home when he is in high school

 Forgets to make his bed and pick up his room

Reads all the time

Kind-hearted

Funny





Meg

7th Grade

Always striving to better herself

Starting to really like "girl things"

Quotes movie lines  

Very generous 

Has an aversion about pulling her hair back  (I have to talk her through the occasional bobby pin)

Learning to curl her hair with a stick

Teachable

Full of substance 

"Mom how can I help you?" asked daily

Doesn't like to be rushed, likes her daily routines

Tries not to boss Isaac but it is just too tempting for this little chief

Gives a good FHE lesson 

Loves helping me cook and clean

Good babysitter--always has a game plan for organized fun

Works and plays hard

Shares with me Phineas and Ferb highlights whether I ask for them or not

Sometimes gets in trouble for reading too much...there is such a thing

Makes me want to be a better person



Summer

9th Grade High Schooler

Is getting better about letting me takes pictures of her

Loves people and remembers a lot of details about them

Good with names

Loves children

Thoughtful 

Reader

Strives for what matters most

Sings and plays on her keyboard constantly

Well- rounded

Dark Chocolate

She has been looking forward to high school because she may get a cell phone...sometime(:

Pushes through her fears and makes me proud every time

Plays piano every Sunday in church

Likes to tease Isaac

Makes food for her hungry brother Cole

Freshman Volleyball player

Straight As

Punctual, Organized, Reliable

Shines




Cole

11th Grade

Always Hungry

Just passed his dad in the height department

Big on hygiene and good table manners

Surrounded by good friends

Head is sometimes in the clouds--gets a bit of nagging from me

Likes to talk things over at night with Tom

Volleyball

Another heavy class load this year

Hard worker on our yards and Tom's office building

Good driver

Mature but with a few moments of teenage boy showing through

Loves kids

Always wants to do the right thing

Still taking piano lessons (in protest) but plays the hymns well

Tired of hearing "You'll thank me one day" and
 "I am trying to teach you everything before you fly the nest"

Tries to enlist all of us to do the Ab Ripper with him--never any takers

Makes me feel like a better cook than I really am

Still my golden boy