This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

5.17.2012

Dinner Guest

For an incentive to depart from his wayward ways at school, Ike got to invite his 
2nd grade teacher over for dinner. 

The guilty confession went like this one night during tuck-in 
"Well I guess I should tell you I am kinda part of the bad boys club at school."

He is too much of a pleaser to really stick with that ...Tom just had to offer him the opportunity to invite Ms. Rother over for dinner if he improved his behavior.  Worked like a charm thanks to a very nice teacher that jumped at the invitation.....so nice of her.

A couple hours prior to dinner, Ike was so worried the house did not look up to par
 for the arrival of his teacher.

"Mom, do you think we could organize the house a little more?"
"Can we spray some stuff that makes everything smell good?"
"Are you sure the dinner tastes o.k.?"
"Will you please tell the kids to pick up their junk by the stairs?"

With that said, he grabbed a dust mop and went to town on our floors.



The dinner went well.
Isaac was pleased with my efforts in the kitchen and everyone's table conversation.
After she left, he let out a hugh sigh of relief and thanked us all for not embarrassing him.