This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

1.01.2012

Christmas Morning


Here is a brief rundown of Christmas morning.



This little wizard was quite concerned that we would not have enough time to
unwrap gifts and get to church at 9:00 a.m. 
We assured him that it doesn't take that much time to unwrap one gift, so he would have 
plenty of time...hee hee.



 Pure joy:
when you forget that you don't like to show off your teeth and smile unabashedly.




2 things she was this excited for





Bookshelf






and

 the long awaited, requested for over a year...
 genuine Asian hand fan...


don't ask me why---she just really really has wanted one.


With this keyboard, I am hoping to spark a fire.




A teenage girl + shoes = happy



 Isaac gave me a gift certificate for my favorite thing lately, Gelato.
If you are a fan of the real deal 
(owners from Italy and a bit like the soup nazi)
go to Dolce Vita
by the Palm Theater at Higley and Brown.

If you don't say the Gelato names correctly, he will let you know.
Oh, and don't question any of his flavors, he will give you the stink eye.


A Freedom t-shirt for Dad.




My favorite part of Christmas morning-- 
watching my kids unwrap gifts from each other.







Isaac always provides the reaction you are hoping for.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday.

I could have organized Christmas a lot better so I wrote down
a list of things that I would do differently for next year.  
Numero uno on that list is to get a family picture taken and send out Christmas cards every year.
One of the best parts of Christmas is finding cards in the mailbox from loved ones and I felt
a pang of guilt over each one that we did not reciprocate to.
Keep us on your list.