This is my simple photo journal. I like to take pictures and once a month or more, I load them onto this blog so that we can remember some of our family highlights.

8.23.2012

Bienvenue en France


I am always searching for fresh ideas for YW activities...hopefully successful ones.
I have 3 activity ratings:   Successful (Repeat Idea later), Mediocre (one time is good enough), Flop (let's move on-- forget about it).   Tom can usually tell what kind of activity we had, by the way I come in the door.  He also gets to hear all about what I would do differently next time, whether he likes it or not.

This "Welcome to France" idea was thought up by one of the ladies that I serve with, Lisa Heywood.
Her son, Jake, just returned from serving in the Lyon, France mission.
The Heywood family did an amazing job hosting all the young women in their home.
They decorated with pictures, items, and food from France.
The highlight was Jake Heywood sharing with us French greetings, food, language,
embarrassing stories, travel, and his love of the people.
 He likened the French to the baguette he was holding-
"A little hard on the outside but soft and warm on the inside."
His enthusiasm for France was contagious. 








After our lesson in culture, we enjoyed some bread and cheese and of course crepes.
They were served with powdered sugar, nutella, whipped cream, and strawberries.
Oh. my. gosh!  How do you say delish in French?









































We had so much fun, we are already planning a Japanese night in November.

 Next up, 2nd annual scorpion round-up service project...hoping it's not a flop.